Bananas have the advantage of being a very practical snack. But that’s not all. They can also help you sleep better and even calm your stomach ache.
– On the other hand, what about banana peels? Are they just good to be thrown in the trash?
– Unfortunately for many people, it seems that the answer is yes and that’s a shame.
– According to the Environmental Protection Agency, food thrown in the trash accounts for more than 20% of all methane emissions.
– You should be aware that food emits powerful greenhouse gases when it decomposes in landfills.
– And greenhouse gases are one of the major factors of climate change.
– Fortunately, you don’t have to throw away your banana peels! We have selected 10 amazing uses for the skin of your favorite fruit for you.
Table of Contents
– Wrap a peel around your growing tomato root.
– Throughout the season, they will be able to absorb all the nutrients.
– Put a banana in a large pot filled with water.
– Let it macerate for several hours.
– Then take a measure of this water and mix it with 5 measures of normal water in a watering can.
– Water your plants to fertilize them.
– Peels decompose quickly in the compost.
– They add a lot of excellent nutrients to your garden soil. Your flowers and vegetables will love it.
– Rub the inside of the peel on insect bites, rashes or psoriasis to reduce itching and promote healing.
– Add dried peels to the food of your rabbits and cows. You’ll see, they will love it and what’s more, it’s good for their health!
– Use the sweet and sour flavor of the banana vinegar to season your salads, flavor water or tea.
– You can use this trick in any recipe that uses vinegar.
– Add a ripe banana peel to the pan where you roast your boneless, skinless pieces of meat.
– This tip avoids hardening the meat during cooking.
– You’ll get more of the nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants from banana peels by cooking them.
– You can boil them for 10 minutes in water.
– Add this water to your fruit juices or mix the chopped boiled peels well with other fruits.
– Remember to thoroughly cleanse the skin before preparing it.
– Put the very ripe peels on a raised bird feeder in the garden. All you have to do is watch the birds and butterflies come to eat.
– Make sure that bees and wasps can also enjoy themselves. But be careful!
– To make your leather shoes shine:
– Rub the leather with the inner part of the Banana Peel.
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…