Hello Australia! Today’s recipe is going to be an Australian Lamington cake that melts in your mouth. It’s a delicious fluffy cake, small spongy cubes coated with chocolate and coconut.
– We’re going to make a Lamington chocolate and coconut cake; super easy to make at home for 10 people.
Table of Contents
– Rubber spatula.
– Hand or electric whisk.
– Cake mold (20 × 30) or square.
– Parchment paper.
– Toothed knife (bread).
– 4 cups of flour (300 g).
– 4 teaspoons of pastry yeast.
– 6 eggs.
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. (optional).
– 100 g of sugar.
– 1/2 cup warm melted butter, 125 ml.
– Raspberry jam or other fruit.
– 100 to 130 ml of milk.
– 3 tablespoons of butter.
– 120 g of chopped dark chocolate.
– 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
– 150 g icing sugar.
– 200 g of coconut.
– Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
– Whisk the eggs + sugar + vanilla on high speed … 2 minutes to dissolve the sugar.
The mixture becomes thick, pale yellow and frothy.
– Sift the flour and baking powder and mix with the spatula.
– Add the melted butter little by little while mixing.
– Stuff your mold and line it with parchment paper. Butter it again and sprinkle a little flour on it.
– Put the dough of the Lamington cake in the mold.
– Put in the oven for 20 minutes cooking.
– Test the cooking with the tip of the knife. If the dough sticks to it, continue cooking.
– Remove it and let stand 10 minutes before removing from the mold, then 25 minutes at room temperature before cutting.
– Cut the cake into 2 square slices with the serrated knife.
– Lightly spread the 2 inside faces with the jam. If not, spread only one side well.
– Make a jam sandwich by sticking the 2 slices.
– Cut this sandwich into mini sandwiches from 4 to 5 cm, depending on the height of your cake.
– Put the mini-Lamingtons in the refrigerator for a few hours.
If not, go directly to frosting.
– Make a double boiler to melt the butter and chocolate in the milk. Then remove it from the heat.
– Add the icing sugar and cocoa. Mix well.
– If necessary, add a little hot water or hot milk.
– Prick each Lamington with a fork. With a knife, spread it with the frosting on all sides.
– Pass it afterwards in the coconut. Turn it to glaze the 6th side. Cover it with the coconut.
– Put it aside to dry. And continue with the other Lamingtons; the chocolate and then coconut.
There you go, your Lamington Cake chocolate and coconut cake is ready.
Serve your Cake at room temperature. No need to keep them in the fridge.
Store them in jars or boxes away from heat and humidity.
Treat yourself !
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…