Meat Leftover and food waste is a real scourge these days. And we don’t seem to understand the reason behind our careless actions.
– Did you know that in France they throw more than 20 kilos of food per person a year? Google this information and see how terrible the situation is, not only there but everywhere.
– However, and to limit this ceaseless food waste, there are some simple things that you can do: like cooking your leftovers instead of just throwing them away.
– How? Well, in this article we have 4 ideas on how to cook your leftover meat so that it does not end up in your trash can.
Table of Contents
– This Potato Beef Pie is an economical dish which, moreover, is generally very appreciated by the whole family.
– By cooking it with your leftover meat (beef, duck or stew meat), it will cost you almost nothing, just a few cents to buy the potatoes.
– You can also make this stuffing with your leftover meat: beef, sausage meat or chicken.
– You just have to cut them into small dices, removing any bones and cartilage then mix everything. You can even use leftover bread to make some breadcrumbs.
– Do you have some ground meat left and you don’t know what to do with it?
– Have you planned too much meat to prepare your steak tartare? If the minced meat does not keep well, take the opportunity to prepare these delicious meat puffs.
– In a pan, place a knob of butter and brown the minced meat for 3 minutes with a previously sliced onion.
– Add salt and pepper.
– Preheat your oven to 210 °.
– Roll out your puff pastry and cut it into equal parts.
– Pour the meat mixture in the center of each piece of dough and close in a crescent shape.
– Brush the puff pastry with egg yolk and bake for ten minutes, turning them halfway through cooking.
– Preparing a Terrine is a great way to use leftover cooked meat.
– Beef, lamb, rabbit or chicken, they can all be cooked easily:
– Add 2 eggs.
– In a bowl mix everything and wet with a little crème fraîche.
– Salt and pepper.
– Cup the preparation in a bowl and I bake the dish 45 minutes.
– Let it cool before serving.
The Final Result:
– Now you have some precious tricks on how to use your leftover meat.
– Make sure you never let anything go to waste ever again.
Enjoy your meals.
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…