Making French pastry at home is not impossible anymore because today you will learn how to make the famous Chouquettes in just 10 steps.
– 2 cups of flour.
– 2 cups of sugar.
– 100ml of water.
– 100ml of milk.
– 80g of butter.
– 4 eggs.
– A pinch of salt.
– Put your saucepan on a low heat and add the butter, sugar, water, milk and the salt.
– When the mixture starts boiling take it off the heat, add the flour and mix it well with a spatula. Be careful to leave any lumps in your dough.
– Put the dough in the saucepan on the stove again for 1 minute and don’t step whisking. This step is aimed to evaporate the water.
-Take your dough off the heat and let it cold for 5 minutes.
– Put the dough in a bowl and add the eggs one by one while mixing. By the last egg the dough should be elastic and not runny.
– Pour the dough in a piping bag and on a baking tray covered with parchment paper make small balls.
– Now make an egg wash by mixing 1 egg yolk with a pinch of salt. Spread some egg wash on the Choux dough and sprinkle them with some sugar.
– Finally put your Chouquettes in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes, once they are nice and gold take them out, and let your choux cool.
Treat yourself its cheat day!
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…