There are so many expired foods that you better not eat. Like for example: eggs, oysters, or raw meat. However, not these remarkable foods that we are going to show you.
– But other foods can be eaten years after the expiration date.
– It is important to know these foods so that you avoid the mess and throwing away some really good stuff!
– So here is the list of the 11 remarkable foods that you can eat even expired:
Table of Contents
– Honey can last a lifetime! It is completely harmless, even decades after opening it.
– Honey can change color or crystallize over time, but that doesn’t make it bad.
– To keep its full flavor, store the honey in a cool place and in a tightly closed container. If the honey crystallizes, simply place the open jar in hot water.
– Expired rice? It does not exist ! White, wild, arborio, jasmine and basmati rice has an almost infinite lifespan.
– The only exception is brown rice. Because it contains more oil, it will keep shorter than other types of rice. But it remains completely edible without risk at least 2 years after the expiration date.
– In all cases, keep the rice cool and dry. Once the sachet is open, put the rice in an airtight container.
– To keep all of its flavors, place the rice in the fridge or freezer.
– White, brown or powdered sugar never expires because bacteria cannot grow there. The hardest part about sugar is keeping it from hardening.
– Remember to keep the sugar in a cool, dry place.
– To prevent the sugar from becoming hard like stone, place it in an airtight container.
– This prevents moisture from entering. But don’t worry, you can still eat expired sugar without endangering your health.
– Did you find an old chocolate bar at the bottom of the cupboard? Do you want to eat it? No problem!
– You have up to 2 years after the deadline indicated to taste it.
– It would still be a shame to throw away this good bar of chocolate with hazelnuts, right?
– Are you the type of person who always respects the expiration dates of yogurts?
– Well, know that yogurts can be eaten 3 months after the expiration date!
– No need to hurry to eat them all! Now that you know, you’re going to be able to avoid a lot of mess at home.
– Given the price of vanilla extract, it’s important to know that you can keep it for life!
– You will never need to throw a single drop.
– To keep the vanilla extract full flavor, keep it in a cool place, in a closet away from light and in a tightly closed container.
– Hard expired pasta, including that sold in bulk, will keep for years after the expiration date.
– The exception is obviously fresh pasta, where the date indicated on the package must be observed.
– Pasta is therefore a food that you can easily buy in bulk if you come across a promo at the supermarket.
– Did you know that white vinegar is not only used for cleaning? It can also be used for marinades and salad dressings.
– In any case, know that it will not move a bit over the years.
– Keep it in a closet away from light and well closed.
– Unlike fresh milk, UHT milk is sterilized. You therefore take no risk in drinking expired UHT milk up to 2 months after the expiration date.
– He may have fewer vitamins and minerals, but that’s it. And if you have exceeded 2 months, do not throw it away right away.
– Do you hesitate to eat an expired tin can? Do not throw it away and prepare your plate!
– The cans do not expire and can be eaten quietly after the indicated expiration date.
– As long as the can is not dented, swollen or punctured, there is no risk.
– You can eat your old sardines in oil without worry.
– Like pasta and rice, all kinds of expired lentils can be eaten without any harm to your health. These are all dry products that do not risk anything.
– You can consume them several years after the expiration date.
– So that the lentils keep their flavors, remember to keep them away from light in a tightly closed jar.
– The same goes for dry beans, exceeding the expiration date does not affect this vegetable.
– All in all, eating these foods is not as bad as they say it is.
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…