Eating sugar-free cakes is no longer a dream!
– Today, science allows us this pleasure, thanks to these magical tricks that are sugar substitutes.
– No need to worry anymore about the amount of sugar in your cake or anything like that! Today you can use these sugar-free alternatives.
– This article will help you to know which ones to use and which ones to avoid.
– With these three, you can go quietly, they do not pose a danger to your health and are suitable for light desserts:
Table of Contents
– It is a particular ‘sugar’ that you find for instance in melon or grapes.
– Another fact is that because it is consumable by diabetics and it is not caloric.
– Another tip: it does not attack your teeth! It has a volume identical to that of sugar, which makes it easier to use.
– But its sweetening power is lower, so it still requires adjusting the doses. It is perfect for cakes that swell because it supports cooking very well.
– The only Disadvantage when it comes to cakes is that it dissolves poorly in liquids.
– This particular type of sugar is quite interesting because it looks a lot like natural sugar while having a caloric intake half lower (but not zero!)
– Even if its glycemic index is very low, it is however not suitable for diabetics.
– For diets, it is very useful. Especially since it is dosed exactly like sugar and is suitable for a very large number of recipes: jams, cakes that rise or that do not rise (like cookies).
– It goes particularly well with fruit. Be careful however to always check that it comes from birch and not corn (it is bad for your health).
– It has a zero glycemic index and caloric intake.
– However, it still has some drawbacks when it comes to cooking:
– This particular type of sugar you must avoid at all costs.
– Not only it does give you diabetes, but it is allergenic and above all does not support any type of cooking there is at all.
– Especially at a too high temperature, it becomes downright harmful), which makes it unusable in baking.
– Consume this type of sugar the minimum you can.
– Occasionally, if there is no other solution or alternative, you may use it in a cake to replace the usual sugar.
– But only occasionally not regularly, because too much of it promotes obesity and it is bad for your pancreas.
– However, it has advantages:
– It is sweeter than sugar, that is why you should put less.
– Its glycemic index is low.
– With that being said, it is almost as caloric as sugar, so its usefulness is limited.
– Agave syrup is a derivative of fructose. Clearly, it has the same drawbacks as those listed above.
Directions for use:
– Pay attention to its price, because whatever substitute you choose, they are all unfortunately quite expensive compared to the usual sugar.
– But, they will certainly save you calories and guilt (in addition to the additional costs of the doctor, dietitian, slimming creams …)
– If you avoid sugar for health reasons, I really recommend erythritol and stevia which have no effect on your blood and do not represent caloric intake.
– Try, nevertheless, to gradually reduce your consumption of sugar, false or not, because it is still the best way to preserve your health.
– If your goal is to go on a diet, or occasionally enjoy a cake without having to feel guilty, I recommend that you try and mix some of these types of sugars to get something that is as close as possible to sugar.
– Try to exploit the qualities of each one according to the desired effect.
– Cooking is also a pleasure, so have fun using these sugar-free alternative!
Enjoy your Sugar-free cakes.
You can also read:
Existing in all colors and flavors, Lollipops would certainly be the satisfying prize for children…